Due to my recent trip to Korea, I've been reflecting a bit on noise-cancelling headphones. I had owned a pair of Maxwell noise-cancelling headphones some time ago, however those eventually broke at the joining of the cable to the cancellation device/battery pack. They worked well, however, and the folding function was nice as it made packing pretty simple. They were still the type of headphones, however that went over the head and surrounded the ears.
Prior to leaving for Korea I acquired a new set of noise-cancelling headphones by Philips. Some may not care much for Philips products, but I've never had a problem with any Philips product I've ever purchased, so I thought I'd give these a try. Philips has once again lived up to my expectation of a great product.
The headphones I got were the in-ear variety available at Wal-Mart. They are small in size and so they don't take up much space when packing, which is awesome. They also deliver a great sound for their size. I was in the Chicago O'Hare airport waiting for my flight to Korea with several people around me listening to Nickel Creek and I couldn't hear anything going on around me. Getting on the plane the clarity left a little, what with the roaring engines and A/C's running, but even then I only heard a whisper of the plane over the music and movies. And all this for a simple $20. I'd say you have a bargain right there. Well done, Philips. Well done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment